Family Mountain Adventure
There are currently no scheduled events.
The Wounded Heroes Family Mountain Adventure is designed for the family who prefers summertime in the mountains. This is a multi-day event which includes outdoor activities such as challenge/teamwork games, ropes courses, hiking, river rafting and rock climbing.
- A five-day program (excluding travel), for 5 Wounded Heroes and their families in Breckenridge, Colorado.
- One-on-one adaptive lessons, equipment, and facilities for the Hero and their family.
- Family Enrichment Program focused on improved communication, understanding, and support.
- Transportation, lodging, meals, outdoor programs and activities are included at no cost.
- Carefully review our selection criteria.
- If you meet this criteria, complete the application for the Wounded Heroes Family Mountain Adventure or any of our other events here.
- Cutoff date for applications for the annual June event is February 1 of the same year (for example, the cutoff date for our June 2020 program was February 1, 2020).
- We review the applicants and select semi-finalists for an interview.
- We select and notify 5 families along with several alternates.
- Those not selected for this event will also be considered for any other events selected on the application.