Family Mountain Adventure
The Wounded Heroes Family Mountain Adventure is our newest event and June 2016 marked this event’s debut. It is designed for the family who prefers outdoor activities in the mountains without snow sports. This is a multi-day event which includes outdoor activities such as challenge / teamwork games, ropes courses, hiking, river rafting and/or rock climbing.
- A four-day program (excluding travel), for 5 Wounded Heroes and their families in Breckenridge, Colorado.
- One-on-one adaptive lessons, equipment, and facilities for the Hero and their family.
- Family Enrichment Program focused on improved communication, understanding, and support.
- Transportation, lodging, meals, outdoor programs and activities are included at no cost.
- Carefully review our selection criteria.
- If you meet this criteria, complete the application for the Wounded Heroes Family Mountain Adventure or any of our other events here.
- Cutoff date for applications for the annual June event is February 1 of the same year (for example, the cutoff date for our June 2017 program is February 1, 2017).
- We review the applicants and select semi-finalists for an interview.
- We select and notify 5 families along with several alternates.
- Those not selected for this event will also be considered for any other events selected on the application.