Family Mountain Experience
The Wounded Heroes Family Mountain Experience is a Summer / Fall event designed for the family who prefers outdoor activities in the mountains without snow sports. This is a multi-day event which includes outdoor activities such as challenge/teamwork games, ropes courses, hiking, biking, river rafting, fly fishing, and/or rock climbing.
- A five-day program (excluding travel) for 5 Wounded Heroes and their families in Breckenridge, Colorado.
- One-on-one adaptive lessons, equipment, and facilities for the Hero and their family.
- Family Enrichment Program focused on improved communication, understanding, and support.
- Transportation, lodging, meals, outdoor programs and activities are included at no cost.
- Carefully review our selection criteria.
- If you meet this criteria, complete the application for the Wounded Heroes Family Mountain Experience or any of our other events here.
- Cutoff date for applications for the annual event is April 1 of the same year (for example, the cutoff date for our 2017 event is April 1, 2017).
- We review the applicants and select semi-finalists for an interview.
- We select and notify the families along with several alternates.
- Those not selected for this event will also be considered for any other events selected on the application.
Preliminary Schedule of Activities for 2017
Arrival in Breckenridge
Check in at Grand Timber Lodge
Note: All activities are free unless otherwise noted. Transportation will be provided by GTL or BOEC for all scheduled activities.